After two long days of play with over 200 Masters players, the first premier event with Next Destinies has finished. Let’s take a look at the results!
In the Top 8 matches, here were the results.
1) Stian Nilsson (Thundurus/Zekrom EX/Terrakion/Mewtwo/Eelektrik) vs. 25) Jouni Lehtinen (Zekrom/Mewtwo/Eelektrik)
2) Tom Hall (Zekrom/Eelektrik) vs. 23) Benjamin Behrens (Thundurus/Zekrom EX/Terrakion/Mewtwo/Eelektrik)
11) Pablo Meza (Zekrom/Mewtwo/Eelektrik) vs. 30) Tord Reklev (Magnezone/Mewtwo/Eelektrik)
12) David Booij (Celebi/Mewtwo/Tornadus) vs. 20) Mees Brenninkmeijer (Mew/Chandelure/Crobat/Jumpluff/Yanmega/Terrakion)
Congratulations to all the Top 8 players on an incredible run! It looks like Eelektrik is the star of this tournament. What deck will come out on top? Let’s find out in the Top 4 matches.
12) David Booij (Celebi/Mewtwo/Tornadus) vs. 25) Jouni Lehtinen (Zekrom/Mewtwo/Eelektrik)
23) Benjamin Behrens (Zekrom/Terrakion/Mewtwo/Eelektrik) vs. 30) Tord Reklev (Magnezone/Eelektrik)
So now we are down to two players and two decks! The Netherlands’ own David Booij will pilot his Celebi/Mewtwo/Tornadus deck against Norway’s Benjamin Behrens to see who wins the 2012 European Challenge Cup! Who will emerge victorious?
12) David Booij (Celebi/Mewtwo/Tornadus) vs. 23) Benjamin Behrens (Zekrom/Terrakion/Mewtwo/Eelektrik)
Congratulations to David Booij for winning the Masters Division with Celebi/Mewtwo/Tornadus! Also congratulations to Benjamin for a second place finish! We had some interesting results at this tournament, and it seems like Next Destinies really made an impact on the format here at the 2012 European Challenge Cup.
We will attempt to fill in more details as we gain more information. Thanks to Robin Schulz, Ross Gilbert, and Marek Rehacek for the updates!